Sunday, May 22, 2011

I started watching "The Secret" and several other videos about The Law of Attraction

And so my friends I tried watching "The Secret" video. I'd heard alot about it and wanted to know what it was. And so I watched it. Basically a bunch of folks, mostly philosophers, telling you to imagine what you want and it will come to you. The idea is basically that you "live like you have it," and then you get it. I have always believed that hard work and smart work lead to success. But in this economy that  we're living in, I think our minds go back to thinking positively.

I love to watch movies made during the last Great Depression in the 1930s. In those movies everyone is rich. They are fun and upbeat and nobody has problems paying their bills or eating. It was the movies and it was escapism. That's when this whole "Law of Attraction" really took flight. It was part of the Unitarian church. People needed to be hopeful and to stay positive lest they throw themselves out of an open window. It's positive thinking. It's Joel Osteen. It's all this good feeling business wrapped up in one. And I have to tell you, I'm not against it.

But let's keep one foot grounded in reality here. We can't become so Heavenly Minded that we're no earthly good. So I say, let's try to look on the bright side, focus on our goals and then take the steps to make these things come true. I'm not expecting a giant Genie to come out of a bottle and grant me world peace. But I know that thinking positively and looking for answers is never a bad thing.


I enjoyed the secret. It was funny and informative. Does it work? Who's to say? I think that if we change our outlook we can feel better about ourselves and our lives. It starts from within, changing who we are inside. I look to God and pray for change, that I can be a better person. Remember that true wealth can not be bought. I'm sure there are quite a few billionaires out there right now who will never be as happy as a modest farmer who can sit in a field on a hot summer's day and enjoy a fresh apple picked from his orchard. There are certain gifts in this universe that we will miss if we focus only on the pursuit of money.

Sit in the sunshine and count your blessings. You're sure to find yourself feeling happy and rich in no time. I for one think that we are all blessed, especially in America where it seems everyone has hot and cold running water and a colored television. I wish I could say it was the same for the rest of the world! God bless and keep coming back! -Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment